Are you a savvy female blogger interested in posting on Blogger Babes?
Because if you’re interested in us, there’s a high chance we’re interested in you!
Please peruse this page for all Blogger Babes guest posting criteria, instructions, and general guidelines, including minimum post word count, on-brand image guidelines, and how to submit your guest post. If you have any questions, you may direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Pitch Your Post Idea
1. Come up with a post idea. Posts should be concerned with one of the main niches that Blogger Babes targets (Fashion, Beauty, Food, Health/Fitness/Wellness, Travel, DIY, Lifestyle/Parenting, Teens).
2. Please note:
– Posts must be globally neutral. For example, Blogger Babes does not explicitly refer to any “holiday.” Please note the following Blogger Babes policy:
Blogger Babes is a global and neutral organization that supports family-friendly products and services. Therefore, we only promote products and services that (1) fit our defined niche of lifestyle (fashion, beauty, food, health/fitness/wellness travel, do-it-yourself, crafts, home decor, parenting, etc.) bloggers and influencers, and (2) are not political, religious, or controversial in nature. Please refer to this complete list of controversial topics.
– Posts must be safe-for-work. Blogger Babes strives to be as family-friendly as possible, especially taking into account our teenage (13-19 year old) influencers.
– Your post must not be published anywhere else online.
3. Submit your pitch using this form. Do not proceed to Steps 2-3 until your pitch has been approved.
If you do not receive a response to your pitch within 5 business days, you may follow up by emailing Brittany at email@example.com.
1. Once your pitch has been approved, you will receive an email of a Blogger Babes account registered for you (you may edit the email address associated with the account—preferably to an address associated with a gravatar).
2. Insert a 1-3 sentence third-person bio in the “Biography” section of your user profile.
– Example: Cathleen Slagle is a high school student and blogger. She enjoys photography, reading, Netflix, and writing. Follow her adventures over at classycathleen.com.
3. Send a potential post headline to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time. Write your post following the editorial guidelines below, then upload it and all related media directly into a New Post in WordPress.
4. Email email@example.com once you have finished drafting your post.
– If you feel you will miss the agreed upon deadline, please let us know.
Disclosure: upon submission of your post, Blogger Babes retains editing rights to make your post on-brand, best meeting the needs of our readers.
1. Posts should be a minimum of 1,000 words.
2. Posts should be scannable:
- Do not use long, boring paragraphs.
- Make use of bullets, numbering, headers, and subheaders to break up text.
- Limit your external links to 1-3. This may be expanded on if your word count dramatically exceeds 1,000.
- Include 2-5 images that showcase your personality. Blogger Babes prefers to use images of objects, locations, etc., over headshots/people.
– Images must be safe-for-work. Note point 1b above.
– “Safe-for-work” images is defined as attire (for both men and women) that would be appropriate in an office environment—modest dress and pose, absence of prominent cleavage, no excessive skin showing, etc.
– Images must be named following this pattern: “bb_[your name or brand here]_[description of image]”
3. Posts should be personal and practical.
- Write your post in the first person, addressing the ideal Blogger Babes reader with the singular “you,” as though she is currently seated in front of you.
– The ideal Blogger Babes reader is defined as “the smart and sophisticated female blogger who is most interested in lifestyle topics such as fashion, beauty, and travel. She views her blog as an extension of her personal tastes and life choices, and she is interested and invested in making her blog a success by designing, writing, curating, and marketing her blog to appeal to her target readers and sponsors.”
- Use active voice and keep a lighthearted, conversational air. Emoticons and exclamation points are okay, but should be limited.
- Include solid ideas and real-life examples.
If you are writing, “How to Get More Facebook Followers”…
Do not say “invite your friends to like your page via email.”
Do relate a personal example or case study: “I started with 200 followers last December and I wanted to get 200 more by February. For ten minutes every day, I started actively inviting people to like my page. By February, I had 212 followers.”
4. Include a call-to-action (a question or recommendation that readers comment back) at the end of your post.
Pitch Your Guest Post Now!
If you are still interested in guest blogging, you may pitch your post idea using the contact form below.
Thank you for your interest!