Wow, now that’s a ton of hashtags, huh? But I totally think it’s worth it! After all, we’re trying to WOW you, and grab your attention for #WomenWOW movement!
WOW stands for Women on Wednesday or Women’s Wednesday, which will be held on the first Wednesday of December, December 2nd, 2015.
This day was designated by founder Wendy Diamond of the 2nd Annual #WomensEntrepreneurshipDay (okay, I promise that’s the last one!) that was held last Thursday, November 19th.
#WomenWOW is a day “to encourage people to invest in and shop at women-owned businesses on that day, much along the lines of Giving Tuesday and Small Business Saturday.”
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day—November 19th at the United Nation
It was really awesome to be able to work with Wendy and secure over a dozen Blogger Babes invites to this invitation-only exclusive event. In fact, Blogger Babes members were the only bloggers to received press passes alongside other traditional news and media outlets!
@VerbalGoldBlog got a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet singer-songwriter Leona Lewis.
@debsmikdav2 loved discussing why women entrepreneurs are a powerful force for changing the world.
In exchange for their attendance, our Blogger Babes will be sharing their experiences on each of their blogs from now until December 2nd, when the event goes live. [Please come back to this post often as we’ll link to them as they go live!]
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day at the United Nations in NYC #WomenWOW
Our bloggers were commissioned with two goals:
- To bring awareness to Women’s Entrepreneurship Day—a social good campaign and “movement to empower, celebrate and support women entrepreneurs worldwide.”
- To bring awareness to the goals of the #WomenWOW campaign and “encourage people to invest in and shop at women-owned businesses on that day.”
A #BloggerBabesLife #WomenWOW Challenge—Win $100 gift card + Blogger Building Blocks Starter eKit Bundle ($97 value)
So, here was my thought process:
Bloggers are women entrepreneurs… I want to invest in women entrepreneurs!
Bloggers have influence…I want to leverage bloggers’ influence!
…but, wait…can my #WomenWOW investment be in a blogger/women entrepreneur?
…but how can I leverage her ability to help spread word?
…maybe a contest? I could personally invest in her business/blog…but how?
…give her cash so she can invest in herself and tools so she can blog better!
…yeah, let’s make this a challenge… because I don’t want it to be about numbers, I want quality blog posts, genuine participation, and women to stand by this cause not strictly for the prizes.
Yes! That’s it!
I’ll personally invest $100 in a blogger who actively, genuinely, and lovingly blogs about #WomenWOW as she shares her proud #BloggerBabesLife!
Truth be told, it didn’t all come to me at once. I was slaving over ideas on how to do this, so to make it easy and inspirational for me, the Blogger Babes team, and your readers, I came up with the following:
#BloggerBabesLife #WomenWOW Challenge Rules
- Write an inspirational blog post with these 3 mandatory parts:
- Write about #WomenWOW and link to http://womenseday.org/
- Write how living a #BloggerBabesLife is a form (albeit one of the best forms… I may be biased) of entrepreneurship and link to this blogpost: http://bloggerbabes.com/lifewow
- Write how you plan to invest in or support a blogger, women entrepreneur, or small women owned business next Wednesday, December 2nd.
- Return to this post, and share your blog url in Linky below. All entries must be made by 5 pm Eastern Time Tuesday, December 2, 2015.
- Optional entries: Tweets, Facebook comments, Instagram posts, Pinterest posts, email blasts, etc. with both the #WomenWOW and #BloggerBabesLife hashtags
- Entries accepted by any blogger of at least 13 years of age from any country.
* $100 electronic gift card or Paypal USD cash transfer will be awarded, as well as access to the eKit bundle.
Challenge Winner Selection
On or before 11:59 pm Eastern Time, Tuesday, December 2, 2015 the Blogger Babes team and I will rank all entries on 3 levels of your participation in this challenge:
- Active participation: If you write your blogpost with all 3 mandatory parts, you’re in the running!
- Genuine participation: Your sincere commitment to this social good campaign. It shouldn’t be about winning the prizes of this challenge (though I hope it’s a good incentive). It should be about sharing your personal story. I really, really, yes, reallllyyy want to read your personal #BloggerBabesLife story!
- We (my team, your readers, and I) want to read your struggles, your a-ha moments, your motivation to keep on blogging.
- Make our team and your readers laugh and/or cry—more importantly, make us want to celebrate your life as a blogger/entrepreneur.
- Empower our team and your readers to take the leap into blogging or entrepreneurship.
- Loving participation: It’s my challenge, so I can get personal and sappy here, but I want to see how far will you leverage your social influence to share the mission of #WomenWOW and share your #BloggerBabesLife story.
- How creative will you get? Will you make some cool Instagram post showing off your #BloggerBabesLife? I sure hope so! 😉
- Who will you tag to ask them to personally share their story too? Share all of your social media comments, shares and links in the comments area below.
- What will you do to show your pure love for this challenge? Will you go beyond the bare minimum, not for the prize, but for the love of supporting all the women entrepreneurs in this world to continue with the struggle? Show us!
ABIE $5,000 Award for Technology Entrepreneurship—Taking Nominations
By simply using the #WomensEntrepreneurshipDay hashtag, I found a great opportunity via Twitter for you to consider: you can nominate a game-changer for this award. Deadline date: December 14, 2015.
Can’t wait to read your entries!