Growing up as the oldest daughter to a single mother, I learned a lot about getting through tough times. I also learned that in order to get some things done, you need a team. You see, I spent most my childhood in a cheerleading uniform. I started cheering when I was 3 and continued to cheer until my freshman year of high school. They were the happiest years of my life.
After I stopped cheering, things began to get hard for my family. This year was difficult for me. At times, it feels like 2015 sucked the life out of me. It was actually our toughest year. In February, my mom got sick. At the end of March, she had to stop working. In April, her paycheck was $5 and in May, they stopped coming in. That left me to provide for my mom, myself, and my three younger siblings. I honestly thought that we weren’t going to make it. I just knew that we had to stick together.
As a cheerleader, I had to work for months to perfect a 2 minute and 30 second routine. All 35 of us had to be in sync. We had to make it to every formation, hit every move, and stick every stunt. When we took 1st place at the competition we knew that all the sweat and tears was worth it. Teamwork made the dream work.
The same thing went for my family and the same thing goes for Blogger Babes.
My #BloggerBabesLife Story
In the 6 months that I’ve been with Blogger Babes, I have been promoted from Administrative Assistant to Executive Assistant and Campaign Manager. However, I’m not necessarily stuck in those job titles. Heidi and Ponn give me the freedom to wear many hats… they trust me to wear those hats, and I think that’s what I’m most grateful for. They allow me to explore and grow. They let me spread my wings and grant me the opportunity to prove to myself (and them) that I can do it. That I can make things happen.
I spent a lot of my adult years doubting myself and my existence. I would constantly tell myself that I wouldn’t amount to anything and that I had no true reason for being alive. I was living to live and not living to thrive. Ponn and Heidi changed that for me. They believed in me. They helped me start to fall in love with myself again and that’s the greatest thing about being a part of the Blogger Babes team: In a world that is constantly trying to put you down, Heidi and Ponn lifted me up.
They embraced me as a part of their team and through that allowed me to live out some of my dreams. Dreams I had starting back in 2009 when I first started blogging. Dreams I didn’t even know existed until they said, “here Brittany… do this.” Dreams I have for 2016. I’m sharing some of those dreams on my blog, Simply Brittany.
Join the Blogger Babes Team
As we close out 2015, I want to invite you to join our team. There are so many ways to do that:
- Join our email list. Pronto! Like right now. Not to sound biased, but I just so happen to be the one behind the Blogger Babe newsletters. 😉
- Join the Forum – we’re working on lots of cool stuff for it!
- Join our Directory. Brands, companies, and publicists visit often… that’s free publicity!
- Follow us on all of our social media networks.
- Join our private Facebook Group. We’re in the process of purging and revamping it for the new year, but we’d love to have you join!
- Have 1 to 2 hours a week to volunteer? We have internships available for school credit or stipends. Psst… these often turn into paid hourly positions.
- #LinkParty with us! Today is the last day of our “Best of 2015” link party, but we’ll be hosting 4 month-long and 4 week-long link parties starting in January. Get more details here. This was one of my dreams that Ponn helped me bring to life. My goal was to reach 100 linkies, but we’re only at 70… won’t you help?
- I know I’m missing something… Oh! Are you an expert? Have something to share? Pitch us for a guest blog post and/or be our next webinar guest.
- Last, but definitely not least, comment! On this blog post, on other posts you love… every comment is appreciated. 🙂
Thank You for Being a Part of My Blogger Babes Journey
As a blogger, it has been a great joy working with and getting to know my fellow Blogger Babes. I have come into contact with some incredible women and it’s been an honor. So thank you!
Even though 2015 was a hard year, a year that seemed like a roller coaster ride, I’m happy to say that it’s changed me. I’m eager to go into 2016 with an open mind, a grateful heart, and a positive attitude. I know bigger changes are coming for me in the new year. I couldn’t be more thrilled. I couldn’t be more excited. I’m pumped up as I’m typing this.
Tomorrow is the first day of a new year, a new adventure. Grab it and run with it. Write your story. Take control. Let go of your fears. Embrace change. And, be happy!
The entire Blogger Babes team is here to support you and cheer you on! I’m happy and proud to say that I’m a part of such a wonderful team lead by two incredible leaders, Heidi and Ponn. I can’t wait to continue growing and living out my dreams alongside all of you!
This is my #BloggerBabesLife story, I’d love to hear yours! Please share how Blogger Babes changed your life in the comments.