Last Tuesday, on August 26, it was Women’s Equality Day, a day to celebrate the women’s right to vote throughout the United States. And since Blogger Babes is a women’s blog with tips, news and events on blogging, I decided to look deeper into the data on women and blogs. I found two great infographics with amazing statistics on this subject, plus additional stats on women and social media. Listed are the links to the creators (thanks 🙂 ), and below is the valuable data that you can certainly adjust and apply to boost your blogging and social media efforts:
- Women, Blogs & Social Media, by Plum Alley
- A Quick Review of Why Women Rule U.S. Social Media, by FinancesOnline
Trust is a very important element as it drives people to action, particularly for blogs trying to sell something to visitors. So the fact that women trust blogs more than they trust recommendations from social media is really a great news for us bloggers. The numbers:
- 81% of women trust blogs for their purchase decisions, same as Pinterest. Twitter is coming second with 73% and Facebook with 67%.
- When asked how they’ve bought a recommended item, 61% of the women said it was from blogs content, then again Pinterest, the women’s top favorite social site, with 47%. Facebook and Twitter are pretty close, 33% and 31%.
- There are more women on almost every popular social network, – 76% female to 66% male users on Facebook, 18% to 17% on Twitter, and even 33% to 8% on Pinterest.
- They use social media more often. 30% of women U.S. adults, and 26% of men, use some social site several times a day.
- More women (58%) consume news on social media than men (42%), which also makes them more likely to interact with brands to show support (54% of women to 44% of men), access offers (53% to 36%), stay current (39% to 33%), or to comment (28% to 25%).
- Women are trend setters for social media use via mobile. 46% of women and 43% of men use smartphones, and 32% of women and 20% of men use tablets to log into their social accounts.
- Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram are three of the fastest growing social websites in the past year or so, and women dominate them all, – 33% to 8% on Pinterest, 54% to 46% on Tumblr, 20% to 15% on Instagram.
- If your goal is entertainment, having fun, contributing to a community, or updating friends and family, definitely get on Facebook.
- Find out about new products on blogs and Pinterest. Get product information and make purchasing decisions always consulting blogs.
- When it comes to looking for advice and information, all four sources, – blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, – are pretty close.
So based on this data I think we’ll all have to agree that women RULE the social media world! 🙂
So which network is your favorite blogger babes?