If you’re new to blogging, using Instagram is a fantastic way to get your name out there.
With more than 200 million users, Instagram is one of the most popular social networks today. People use it to document their lives through images, businesses use it to market their products, and bloggers use it to drive traffic to their blogs.
Today, we’ll walk you through how to get started on the platform so you can set yourself up for success.
Making Your Instagram Action Plan
First and foremost, make a plan. While regular users can just snap whatever they feel like posting, companies have to be strategic and establish a goal. It’s not too late if you’re already up and running—just like you plan the posts for your blog, you have to plan your social media presence if you want to professionalize your blog.
Your main goal should be to engage your audience, so ask yourself: “What message do I want to share and convey to my followers and readers?” Whatever it is, make sure it puts your blog and brand in the most positive, niche-specific light possible.
Take the Blogger Babes’ tentative Instagram plan as an example. We like to have a theme for each day of the week, so we want it set up like this:
- Monday: We post something inspirational.
- Tuesday: Our favorite blogging tools.
- Wednesday: We join the rest of the Instagram world for #WCW or #WomanCrushWednesday, posting about successful women or quotes from them.
- Thursday: We wind down for the weekend with something about lifestyle—about beauty, fashion, and the like.
What is it that you’d like to share and convey to your audience? Your primary concern is engaging viewers and getting reactions to your images. So make sure you choose images that will send out the most positive appearance of your business possible.
Of course, this is just our plan. You can always look around the Instagram world and come up with your own—just remember to test, track, and try again. 😉
Once you’ve come up with a posting plan, you can concentrate on taking great pictures. Note the following if you’re running your Instagram as a business:
- Make sure your images are curated to create a general theme when viewed as a whole. While spontaneity is good, your followers will appreciate a theme more.
- Take interesting photos, but always keep your brand in mind. Don’t publish photos just because you feel like it. People are drawn to accounts that post beautiful and inspiring photos.
Do you use Instagram to promote your blog?