The popularity of Pinterest is just another indication of today’s visual media craze. As such, Blogger Babes has revitalized its Pinterest boards to provide you with yet another channel for our content!
Blogger Babes Pinterest Boards
We’ll keep you updated on:
- best social media practices,
- Blogger Babes company news,
- blogging basics,
- methods to increase engagement,
- opportunities for bloggers,
- content ideas,
- Blogger Babes events and
- blogging industry news.
Not to mention, we’ll feature our favorite food, fashion, lifestyle, photography and beauty babes.
If you’re like us and getting back in the Pinterest saddle just in time for the holiday season, here are some tools we’ve previously provided to get you going:
- Pinterest for Bloggers: The All In One Guide
- 10 Great Tools to Grow Your Blog’s Presence on Pinterest
- 7 Steps to Increase Pinterest Following
- 5 Useful Applications of Pinterest Secret Boards
As you build and your blogging brand, don’t forget about being your own publicist. Cision, a popular tool for public relations professionals, provides 25 best practices for understanding your Pinterest audience better and crafting optimized messages. Here are 11 of our favorites:
Top 11 Pinterest Practices
- Optimize your reach by Pinning 10 or more times every day.
- Use between 200 and 300 characters to get Re-Pins.
- Add the “Pin It” code to your website to make all your photos easily Pinnable.
- Embed Pins or entire boards on your website to get more Re-Pins.
- Take advantage of the brand opportunities on Pinterest. Make sure you provide quality content, because Pinners prefer following a brand they trust over any individual.
- Don’t just Pin images– Pinterest is great for audio and video too.
- Pay attention to the characteristics of your images and make sure they’re ideal.
- Keep in mind that Pinterest users are relatively affluent– half of Pinners make at least $50K per year.
- Know your demographic– a majority of active daily Pinners are under 40 years of age.
- Make sure you reach out to millennials– reports show they’re using Pinterest as much as Instagram.
- Still, don’t overlook key parts of your demographic– the median age of a Pinterest user is 40, so a good chunk of your followers are older.
Got a Pinterest account? What kinds of boards and Pins would you like to see us follow or Pin? Give us your recommendations in the comments below, and share your handle so @TheBloggerBabes can follow you back! (Don’t forget to follow us too!)