Having been a professional blogger since 2005, there are a number of tools I use on a daily basis… but the one I cannot live without is none other than Google.
Out of its plethora of offerings, the top 7 services I use daily are:
- Google Voice — To forward calls to my cell, landline, and visiting homes; for texting, voicemail, etc.
- Google Search — For research, of course, but it’s also my calculator, dictionary, and HTML-code encyclopedia. Voice search on my phone is especially handy.
- Google Calendar — Everyone in the family has an account and I master all personal and business (webinars, interviews, coaching sessions, etc) appointments. I can also view my assistants’ calendar, which we use to future post blog entries, leaves notes, and set reminders for deadlines.
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms – All folders, images, media kits, shared docs for blogposts, and shared sheets for event RSVPs live here, plus it’s a useful file type converter for docs-to-PDF.
- Google Maps — The best GPS around, because we walk, use public transportation, and drive.
- Google Plus — Mostly to backup images in the cloud.
I use many more of their products—one that’s especially good for bloggers is Google Analytics, which tracks blog stats (more on that headed your way soon!)—but these seven I use every single day, without fail.
Incidentally, I’d just completed writing the last of my must-have Google tools when this article was published: 16 Google Tools to Improve Marketing Effectiveness. I use or have used all of these tools at least once before, but the post reminded me that I need to continue using them regularly to make sure our blog succeeds!
What are some blogging tools you can’t live without? How many Google services do you end up using daily? Share with us below!