Social media is huge now, and in so many ways! It’s how bloggers and businesses share their stories, reach out to greater audiences, and connect to customers on a more personal level. Knowing who your audience is, their interests and how best to approach them, is crucial to positioning well your brand and blog on the market. And what better way to get this data than from the popular social networks?
We discussed before some of the latest trends in the social world that are important to bloggers to make the right decisions. Following are few statistics from the industry that may make you rethink your strategy and the way you approach your following:
- Social networking is the top activity on the Internet today. 72% of all users are active on some social site. Americans especially, as this is the thing they do more than they even check their emails.
- Most Internet users at the age between 18 and 29 are on social media – 89%. Those aged 30 to 49 using at least one social site are 72%, 60% of users between 50 and 60, and 43% of those over 65 years.
- Facebook currently has more than 1.317 billion monthly active users. It’s huge, a beast compared to other social sites. 23% of the users login at least 5 times per day.
- 70% of businesses who market online use Facebook to reach out to new customers, as even 47% of the U.S. users say this site has the greatest influence on their buying decisions.
- 78% of American users on Facebook are mobile. And mobile users generate 30% of Facebook’s ad revenue as well.
- Facebook’s still the biggest kid on the block, but Search Metrics’s study says Google Plus will surpass it in sharing by 2016. The site is only 3 years old and already has over a billion enabled accounts, 300 million active every month. It’s growing 33% a year, and 70% of brands have a presence there.
- Twitter has about a billion registered users on the network, 100 million active every day. 29% of the millennials (15 to 34 years old) and 45% of those between the age of 18 and 29 are tweeting regularly. 34% of marketers use the site to generate leads for their business.
- Pinterest (21%) is now more popular than Twitter (18%) among older online adults.
- 74% of Instagram and 76% of Tumblr users are teens. 71% of the World’s largest brands are marketing on Instagram.
- 93% of marketers use social media for their business, and their top 3 favorite sites are Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- 71% of people use mobile to access social media according to an Adobe survey. 60% of the total time spent on social sites is on tablets and smartphones.
Before you decide what to share on social media, make sure to ask yourself few questions.
And share your thoughts in the comments…