One of the greatest things about being a blogger is that you can work from anywhere. Who among us hasn’t blogged while standing in line for coffee or waiting for a meeting to start? That’s why having iPhone/iPad apps can make your life easier and more efficient. Check out my favorites here:
1. InstaRepost (free, but you’ll probably want to upgrade so that they can’t add their own ads and watermark to the image). This app allows you to easily repost either your, or other people’s photos off Instagram. Forget those days of seeing the perfect photo for your blog on Instagram and being unable to download it to post.
2. Phonto (free). In a nutshell, this app allows you to add text to photos (and videos) in a variety of fonts. You can even set up an automatic text of your website/blog name as a watermark to all your photos before they’re Instagrammed or added to your blog.
3. Adobe Photoshop Express (free). Photoshop comes to your iPhone or iPad! Turn so-so photos into masterpieces – this app enables you to use very high quality effects and editing that you’d expect to only find on a desktop.
4. ViralTag (go to viraltag.com – prices vary but start at $4.99 a month). For serious bloggers who want an app that will schedule Pinterest posts (so that they stay fresh and new and you don’t have to update it yourself every day). The app also offers you analytics that will help you streamline your blog focus and marketing.
5. PicStitch (free). Allows you to create one collage photo out of many. Then easily share across social media networks. This is a wonderful tool to post more photos without cluttering up your blog or forcing your reader to keep scrolling down to see more.
6. AudioNote (Lite is free and regular is $4.99). This audio recorder and simultaneous place to take notes is terrific for meetings or interviewing people. If you type key points at a certain time of the recording, later you can touch a key word and be taken directly to that point in the recording so it makes searching for important moments easier. (Obsessed!)
7. Blogsy ($4.99 – for iPad only at this point). Works with most blogging platforms (WordPress, Blogger, etc.) and is the most user-friendly, intuitive way to add and caption photos, videos, edit text, etc.
If there are 7 deadly sins, let me just say that it would be a sin not to jump on the above apps.
So what blogging apps do you use on your smartphones?