Let’s say you have an idea, something suitable to write on for your next post, and you’re ready to start typing. Before you do, there are few more things to consider that go beyond just writing a well-crafted interesting blog piece. Your content needs to be conversational and personal, to provide value to readers, but also attract their attention, as well as appeal to search engines to position posts where and when they need to be.
Following are few simple tricks to get more people to read your posts. Then you can check what’s important to keep people on your pages and convert them into loyal readers of your blog.
- Make the content scannable. We are too busy to read everything. So we scan the posts for words and phrases that appeal to us. It’s not the same to read a book and on a computer screen; make sure the process is smoother and friendly to readers.
- Write clear and catchy headlines. The title should explain what’s underneath in the post, but you need to do this in a catchy succinct style that attracts readers’ attention.
Read how to write headlines that get you noticed.
- Use lists. They let people easily skim the text to get where they want to be. Subheadings can help too. They’re nice breaks between big blocks of text.
- Formatting helps draw readers’ attention to specific points and aspects you want to highlight. Use bold and italics, change font size, but with moderation.
- Images are great companions to text. They do have a way of capturing reader’s eye, and will make even major text more appealing.
Edit your photos to make them exactly how you want them to be, or even create your own infographics and boost your authority as a blogger.
- Get to your point and stay there. It’s easy to get distracted when writing blog posts, but try keep focus to your main idea, and cut out unnecessary words and phrases when editing.
What do you think? Would you prefer to read blog posts with these tricks applied? How about writing? Drop a comment below to share your thoughts …